SPRINGDALE – The Town of Springdale is seeking four part-time interns to work on the 2015 Springdale Outdoor Lighting Audit. Qualified applicants must possess a valid Utah Driver’s License, have access to their own vehicle and computer, have good analytical and record keeping skills, and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
The project requires interns to perform detailed audits of outdoor lighting at residential and commercial properties in Springdale. The purpose of the audits is to ensure property owners know whether their outdoor lighting complies with the Town’s outdoor lighting ordinance. Most of the work has to be done after dark to be able to view light coming from the fixtures. The project also requires interns to organize and maintain data collected during the audits using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
The Town anticipates the lighting audits beginning the first week of August and being completed by the beginning of September.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must possess a valid Utah Driver’s License, have access to their own vehicle, and be familiar with the Town of Springdale and its streets
- Applicants must have access to their own computer
- Potential interns must have sound and fair judgement
- Experience with audits is preferred but not required
- Applicants must have a professional and courteous attitude
- Successful applicants will be required to pass a drug test and MVR screening
Each of the four interns will be compensated $1,150 for the project. This is the total compensation for the project and is intended to cover the interns’ time as well as any expense the interns incur during the project. The Town anticipates the project will require approximately 80 hours from each intern. The intern position does not qualify for benefits. Interns will be treated as independent contractors and have no permanent employment status with the Town.
Persons interested in filling the intern position should send a resume and contact information to Thomas Dansie, Director of Community Development no later than Friday, July 17 at noon. Resumes may be sent to:
Town of Springdale
Attn: Thomas Dansie
PO Box 187
Springdale, UT 84767
For more information contact Thomas Dansie, Director of Community Development at 435-772-3434.