ST. GEORGE — Speak with an attorney for free at a walk-in clinic hosted at the St. George Library, Monday, Jan. 6, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Attorneys can meet with you to discuss any of the following:
- An explanation of the differences between the courts that handle criminal proceedings, protective orders, divorce and custody, juvenile court, and personal injury.
- The divorce process and options for getting help.
- Information on protective orders and the various options that are available.
- A description of victim’s rights in Utah.
- Information on how to be notified if your perpetrator is released from jail or prison.
- Referrals to legal programs that may be able to provide assistance.
- Information about resources for victims of domestic violence.
- Assistance in filling out crime victim reparations claims.
- Safety planning when attending court with the perpetrator.
- Screening to see if you need intervention with an employer, landlord, or academic institution.
- Referrals if there is a need for a U-Visa or immigration assistance.
Call for more information on the TLC Hotline, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 801-649-8895.
No appointment is necessary, walk-ins are encouraged. The St. George Library is located at 88 W. 100 South.