ST. GEORGE — At the end of the 2018-2019 school year, the 48 students recognized as “Student of the Month” from each area high school are able to apply for the “Student of the Year” award from their school.
The SOY receives a one year full tuition scholarship from Dixie State University valued at $4,600. The following students received this honor and were awarded their scholarship at the Exchange Club’s breakfast on May 16:
- Neal Smith, Exchange Club’s SOM Committee Chairman.
- Jimi Kestin, club member and State Bank of Southern Utah representative who also partnered this year promoting the SOM awards.
- Marceli Thompson, Dixie High SchoolLaiza Moreno, Pine View High School.
- Brooke Sullivan, Desert Hills High School.
- Brooklyn Reynolds, Snow Canyon High School.
- Joni Hale, DSU Representative.
- Audrey Janisse, Millcreek High School.
- Bailey Heiner from Tuacahn High School was absent.