ST. GEORGE – A winning bid is your key in helping us, help the less fortunate, and as appreciation for your generosity, we invite you to an evening of dining elegance to be held May 9, at 4 p.m. at SunRiver.
For your contemplation, a formal five course gourmet dinner, progressive in style, with a seating limit of eight. Our culinary presentation will consist of the finest ingredients, domestic and imported, including a complimentary listing of premium wines and liquors. Memory photos for those attending included.
We support the efforts of a joint mission between The Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church, and Habitat for Humanity, for projects on Eleuthera Island, located off the coast of Florida. Scheduled for early November, just after the hurricane season, the anticipated needs are for building materials and tools.
As contribution for this humanitarian need, we are donating 100 percent of our proceeds in support.
A minimum bid of $75 per seating is suggested. The highest bidder will have an opportunity to purchase up to seven additional seats at their original bid price per seat. If there is seating availability, the process will extend to the next highest bidder, with option to purchase any remaining seating at their bid price per seat. This process will continue until a total seating limit of eight has been reached.
Forward your inquiries or bid to email@example.com. Bids should include your name, phone number, bid amount, and number of additional seats. Bidding deadline is April 30 at noon.
Notification of winning bids will be by phone. Payment information, driving directions, hosts, addresses, and photographs (after the event) will be sent to your email address. Your participation for this worthy cause, in advance, is greatly appreciated.
Progressive Dinner Hosts
Progressive dinner menu:
4-5 p.m. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvers:
- Wine: Taittinger Champagne, Rombauer Chardonnay, Columbia Crest Reserve Syrah, Clos du Val Reserve
- Cabernet Cocktails of your Preference: Scotch, Macallan Fine Oak Single Malt, Pappy Van Winkle’s Bourbon, Grey Goose Vodka, Pendleton Canadian, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Jose Cuervo Tequila
- Hors d’oeuvers: Freshly prepared homemade tomato tart and antipasto platter
5-5:45 p.m. Soup and salad:
- Lobster bisque with lobster, sherry and cream
- Caprese salad with Italian Mozzarella Di bufala cheese served with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing
5:45-7 p.m. Main course:
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with imported Spanish ham & havarti cheese served with bread, grilled vegetable and creamed mushroom sauce. Wine, and nonalcoholic beverages provided as dinner course accompaniment
7-8 p.m. Dessert:
- Fresh baked Classic Linzer Torte served with vanilla ice cream, lemon cheesecake with blueberry coulis, and an assortment of chocolates served with regular and decaffeinated coffee
- Memory photographs of group, couples or individuals
Ed. note: St. George News has not verified information provided in connection with fundraising accounts mentioned in this article. Those considering contributions are advised to consult with their own professionals for tax advice and investment risks.