ST. GEORGE – In India, Holi announces the arrival of spring and the passing of winter. The festival breathes an atmosphere of social merriment. People bury their hatchets with a warm embrace and throw their worries to the wind. Every nook and corner presents a colorful sight. Young and old alike are covered with colors (red, orange, green, yellow, blue, purple). People are seen singing, dancing, doing yoga eating vegetarian food and throwing colors on each other.
Now the popular festival that has inspired color races around the country and world is coming to St. George on Saturday, April 11, from noon to 4 p.m. at the Dixie Sunbowl.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased here.
- What: Holi Festival of Colors
- When: Saturday, April 11, noon to 4 p.m.
- Where: Dixie Sunbowl, 150 S. 400 E., St. George
- Cost: $5, additional fees for colors and shirts apply
- Resources: Facebook | Register