MESQUITE – Spring and fall, change your clock, change your smoke detector battery. Mesquite CERT, Community Emergency Response Team, offers a “Smoke Detector Battery Change” program. In keeping with CERT’s mission to prepare individuals, neighbors, and the community for disasters, CERT volunteers will help residents, free of charge, to maintain a working smoke detector.
In keeping with CERT mission, two CERT volunteers will schedule with a resident to change the batteries in the smoke detectors.
- Thursday, Dec. 11, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 13, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Smoke detector battery change highlights
- Resident must be 65 years of age or older, or handicapped or unable to climb a ladder
- Resident must be present and sign waiver
- Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
- Two CERT volunteers will provide service
- Service is free of charge however donations support the CERT mission