ST. GEORGE — The Five County Association of Governments is currently accepting applications for a transportation planner to plan a variety of specialty services, programs and projects related to rural and urban transportation planning in southwest Utah (Washington, Iron, Beaver, Garfield and Kane counties).
Work with one of the best teams in southern Utah! Apply today!
- Under the direction of the transportation program director, supervise and conduct comprehensive and detailed research of proposed transportation opportunities for the St. George metropolitan area.
- Promote the development, enhance the efficiency and increase the safety of regional transportation systems.
- Develop cooperative relationships with community entities to engage in mutually beneficial projects.
- Collect, review and analyze data and traffic project designs; develop project design options, coordinating staff meetings to review options, prepare master plan amendments.
- Prepare written recommendations related to project development priorities.
- Represent the agency with various governmental agencies and jurisdictions.
- Present analysis and reports on various project or program issues, needs assessments, strategies, trends and options; serve as a technical and professional resource.
- Create and prepare maps, GPS outputs, graphs, illustrative drawings, websites and photographic presentations.
- Create public displays utilized to apprise and inform the public.
- Provide professional direction for the development of master plans and project procedures.
- Receive and coordinate the distribution of information related to various projects; develop public education materials and collect feedback from the public on transportation initiatives.
Required experience and attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree in urban and rural planning, transportation planning, civil engineering or some other field directly related to transportation and three years of responsible experience performing the above and related duties; specific experience in transportation planning or traffic engineering or an equivalent year-for-year combination of education or experience.
- Knowledge of community and economic issues and legislative processes as well as federal and state funding mechanisms for transportation.
- General knowledge of website design and editing, data management and basic understanding of transportation demand modeling and geographic information system (GIS) programs and functions.
Wage and working conditions:
- Starting wage will be $50,000 to $55,000 per year; based on experience.
- Benefits include full health, vision, dental and life insurance as well as paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, paid holidays and a retirement plan with the Utah Retirement System.
- Monday-Friday; 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week.
- Employment will include a six-month introductory period.
- Worksite address is 1070 W. 1600 South, Bldg. B, St. George, Utah 84770.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, and resume to:
Five County Association of Governments / Human Resource Department, 1070 W. 1600 South, Bldg. B, St. George, Utah 84770 or via email to [email protected].
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 4.