ST. GEORGE — Come eat at Chick-fil-A on Monday, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in St. George and they will donate a portion of their proceeds earned in that time frame to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
In addition, we will be having a ticket drawing in which 100 percent of the proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Here is what we have to give away:
- 20 Tuacahn tickets
- A golf package from Coral Canyon
- A golf package from Sky Mountain
- 4 car washes from Fabulous Freddy’s (ranging in price)
- 2 movie theater tickets and a free large popcorn
- A spa pedicure from the St. George Day Spa
- 10 games of bowling from Sunset Bowling
- $1,734.00 off a new smile with porcelain veneers from Newell Ceramic Art
- A phlebotomy class and certification (including all materials) from the Utah School of Phlebotomy
- A Basic Check-up health panel from Any Lab Test Now
- 2 coupons for a free oil change and a tire alignment from Wright Automotive
- 2 adult admission tickets to the Dinosaur Tracks Museum
- 3 all access family passes to the Washington City Community Center
- A hair cut from Lunatic Fringe
- A mystery prize
A little bit about Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic Fibrosos is a life-shortening disease that slowly shuts down the lungs; however it can also affect the digestive system and the sinuses. A person with Cystic Fibrosis cannot move mucous out of their lungs like a normal person is able to. Because of a genetic mutation, their mucous is thick and sticks to their lungs instead of being able to easily clear from their lungs, causing it to be a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. It affects about 30,000 people in the U.S. and several people in our community. There is currently no cure; however, they are getting closer!