ST. GEORGE — Thursday night is our second meeting for organization and planning for the “Click Photo Exhibit” at the Red Cliffs Gallery Oct. 9-30. This meeting is open to those who attended the first meeting and any Click or Community members who are still considering making their commitment to the exhibit and need more info.
The meeting will take place Thursday evening from 7:45-9:45 p.m. at Coldwell Banker Premier Realty, 157 East Riverside Drive, Suite 1-A in St. George.
We will regroup with new information about the flyers, the banner, the panels, our sitting schedule and press release articles and other strategies of publicity.
If you came to the first meeting we want you to attend this follow-up so we can continue to strategize and share the load of work in organizing and implementing the making of this exhibit.
If you have been considering exhibiting, and need more info, please come to this meeting, as wall space is disappearing fast, but we can accept a few more exhibitors it looks like. If you didn’t make the first meeting, try your best to come to this one.
If you can’t make the meeting let us know, and we’ll do our best to keep you apprised.
Here’s the requirements so far. Actual forms will be available for each exhibitor to fill out at this meeting:
- We need to know if you are committed to putting photos in our upcoming “Click show,” and will have them ready by Oct. 5 by Sunday evening, and how many?
- It looks like we each can have four to five medium-sized photos 16 by 20 and variations thereof up to 30 inches wide and as long as you want
Great news; we have two sponsors who have helped defray our costs and it looks like we will have the panels from Southern Utah Art Guild…thanks to Dan Gifford of Coldwell Banker and Brad Cox Red Dirt Car Wash (next to Costco).
Therefore, we can charge less per entry….only $5 per entry and you must sit two times either a.m. or p.m. during the 16 days up in the gallery.
If you cannot sit, due to circumstances, it will be $7 per entry and we will ask you to provide a trustworthy substitute sitter for you.
So this is what I need to know now, no later than this meetings’evening….
If you are absolutely committed to showing and will be totally ready with 2-5 pieces by October 5 (pieces are nicely presentable in frame, wrapped, etc with WIRE 1/4 down from the top on back and a sticky label with your name, title and contact number on back…actual entry form forthcoming…@ $5 per entry
- If you can commit to two sittings during the show, or if you cannot sit yourself and will be finding a trustworthy substitute at $7 per entry
- If anyone objects to my finding one of your photos from our “Click” gallery and making sure it’s watermarked with your name (I will watermark it if you haven’t) to possibly use in our promo materials
- We will have a sitting schedule for you to sign up on a.m./p.m. shifts … Monday-Friday, we have Saturdays by appointment that you can set with friends and family but it has to be scheduled.
- What is better for you for sitting? Shift one from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., or 2-5 p.m.
WiFi is available through the city.
We welcome any questions or comments.
Please answer all four questions by the meeting date.
Mer and Yvonne