ST. GEORGE — The Navajo Nation has been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic, leaving many people with very limited access to essential supplies. Please participate with Big Ocean Women’s St. George group in their continuing efforts to collect needed items. Your donation will help save a nation.
On Saturday, July 25 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., find Navajo Nation COVID-19 relief donation drop sites at any one of the following locations:
Veyo Spanish Trail Sinclair
21 S. Main Street
Veyo, Utah 84782
160 N. Bluff Street
Saint George, Utah 84770
Harbor Freight Tools
953 W. Red Cliffs Drive
Washington, Utah 84780
Dinosaur Crossing/Smith’s Marketplace
565 S. Mall Drive
St. George, Utah 84790
- Cleaning supplies: most needed items include gloves, hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, bleach, cleaning supplies, Lysol, trash bags, bar soap and laundry soap.
- Personal hygiene items: bar soap, female personal hygiene items such as pads and tampons, 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, lotion, Chapstick and Vaseline.
- Health care supplies: Thermometers, “Liquid IV” drink mix (found at Costco), Gatorade, Visine eye drops, Vicks, aspirin and Tylenol; no ibuprofen.
- Baby needs: baby wipes, formula and diapers.
- Canned meats, sardines, chicken, salmon, trout, tuna, Spam, corned beef hash and jerky.
- Canned vegetables and fruit, corn, beans, peas and applesauce (large plastic bottle size).
- General dry goods and supplies: rice, yeast, flour (Blue Bird is the preferred brand), baking powder, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, salt, sugar, baking soda, oatmeal, potato flakes, cold cereals, coffee, cornmeal and Top Ramen noodles.
- General cooking supplies: Lard is preferred; cooking oil and raw honey.
Please remember and respect the cultural and health needs of the elders in the Native American communities, including special diets, lactose intolerance and diabetes by limiting foods with high levels of acid. Protein shakes, Ensure and other supplemental drinks are encouraged and helpful.
All funds donated will go directly to the purchase of supplies that will be delivered to the families on the Navajo reservation.
Visit the Big Ocean Women St. George Cottage Facebook page for more information, including how to make cash donations or arrange for larger donations. To learn more, contact Gloria Boberg at 801-301-9700, Karen Liston at 801-891-4612 or Kathy Moore at 435-313-3384.