ST. GEORGE — The Navajo Nation has been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic, leaving many people with very limited access to essential supplies.
As the battle against COVID-19 rages on, please join Big Ocean Women’s St. George group in their continuing efforts to collect needed items. Your donation will help save a nation.
On Saturday and Aug. 22, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., find Navajo Nation COVID-19 relief donation drop sites at any of the following locations:
- Veyo Spanish Trail Sinclair: 21 S. Main St., Veyo.
- Dinosaur Crossing/Smith’s Marketplace: 565 S. Mall Drive, St. George.
- Walmart Washington Supercenter: 625 W. Telegraph St., Washington City.
- Smith’s: 20 N. Bluff St., St. George.
- Home Depot: 725 W. Telegraph St., Washington City.
- Cleaning supplies: most needed items include gloves, hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, bleach, cleaning supplies, Lysol, trash bags, bar soap and laundry soap.
- Personal hygiene items: bar soap, female personal hygiene items such as pads and tampons, 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, lotion, ChapStick and Vaseline.
- Baby needs: baby wipes, formula and diapers.
- Canned meats, sardines, chicken, salmon, trout, tuna, Spam, corned beef hash and jerky.
- Canned vegetables and fruit, corn, beans, peas and applesauce (large plastic bottle size).
- General dry goods and supplies: rice, yeast, flour (Blue Bird is the preferred brand), baking powder, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, salt, sugar, baking soda, oatmeal, potato flakes, cold cereals, coffee, cornmeal and Top Ramen noodles.
- General cooking supplies: lard is preferred; cooking oil and raw honey.
All funds donated will go directly to the purchase of supplies that will be delivered to the families on the Navajo reservation.
Visit the Big Ocean Women St. George Cottage Facebook page for more information on current personal protective equipment and medical supply requests, and how to make cash donations or arrange for larger donations. To learn more, contact Gloria Boberg at 801-301-9700 or Karen Liston at 801-891-4612.