ST. GEORGE — A 14-member committee chosen by the Utah Board of Higher Education will search for the next president of Utah Tech University. Three in-person public meetings were conducted Feb. 7-9.
The Presidential Search Committee is co-chaired by Utah Board of Higher Education member Danny Ipson and Utah Tech Board of Trustees Chair Tiffany Wilson. It is comprised of representatives from the state board, Utah Tech trustees and institutional stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, administration, alumni and community members.
“I am thrilled to launch the search for the next president of Utah Tech University with my fellow search committee members,” Ipson in a press release. “The Utah Tech Presidential Search Committee is dedicated to working collaboratively with community members.”
The committee seeks “an inspirational leader with a keen ability to inspire our students to achieve their dreams and goals,” Wilson said.
Richard “Biff” Williams announced in December 2023 that, effective Jan. 5, he was stepping down to pursue other professional opportunities. And as the school transitions to a new president, it also signals the need for a new leader.
”The leader we’re looking for will have outstanding leadership skills, deeply value our university’s rich culture and traditions and embrace our unique polytechnic mission that focuses on active learning, active life,” Wilson added.
Those who were unable to attend the meetings are encouraged to submit a comment online by emailing [email protected] or submitting a comment online at ushe.edu/utah-tech-anonymous-feedback.
Members of the search committee are as follows:
Board of Higher Education
- Danny Ipson, Board Member and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Javier Chavez Jr., Board Member
Utah Tech University Board of Trustees
- Tiffany Wilson, Board Chair and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Colleen Kvetko, Board Vice Chair
Utah Tech University Administration, Faculty and Staff
- Ken Beazer, Executive Director of Athletics
- Eli Bermudez, Dean of the College of Health Sciences
- Julie Chew, Faculty Senate President & Professor of Nursing
- Darlene Dilley, Associate Provost for Enrollment Management
- Stacy Schmidt, Staff Association President
- Ali Threet, Assistant Vice-President for Student Affairs & Dean of Students
Utah Tech University Alumni Association
- Betty Barnum, Alumni Association President
Utah Tech University Student
- Jose Toral-Martinez, UT Student Body President
Click here for more information about the Utah Tech University presidential search.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2024, all rights reserved.