Man faces multiple charges in Mesquite shooting

Mesquite Police Department vehicle, Mesquite, Nev., Aug. 9, 2016 | File photo by Mori Kessler, St. George News
Juan Luis Navarro, booking photo, Dec. 14, 2018 | Photo courtesy of the Mesquite Police Department, St. George News

ST. GEORGE A suspect in a shooting in Mesquite, Nevada, earlier this month has been taken into custody, police said.

Juan Luis Navarro allegedly drove to a home in Mesquite the afternoon of Dec. 6 and fired multiple rounds from a handgun into the residence after stepping out of the car, according to a press release Tuesday from the Mesquite Police Department.

No one was harmed in the incident. Individuals in the home were known to Navarro and specifically targeted, police said. Navarro fled the area when officers began to search for him.

He was arrested last week in Las Vegas by Metro Police on drug and firearms charges and is being held in the Clark County Detention Center, according to police.

For the shooting in Mesquite, Navarro faces multiple firearms-related felonies and misdemeanors.

Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law.

Email: mkessler@stgnews.com

Twitter: @MoriKessler

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2018, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

2 Comments

  • Carpe Diem December 18, 2018 at 6:04 pm

    Does he think this is Mexico Cartel land or something? Que PaSa? Lock up with extreme prejudice.

  • Redbud December 18, 2018 at 7:43 pm

    Another perfect example of why the wall needs to be built!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.