ST. GEORGE – If you have a unique, family-oriented talent, you could be a star of St. George this Independence Day.
The “Star Search Talent Show” is open to anyone with singing, dancing, juggling, magic, instrumental or other talent and will be held in conjunction with the city’s other Independence Day activities, including a parade, carnival rides, 4K Uncle Sam Race and capped off with fireworks following the 99.9 KONY Country “4th of July Celebration” featuring Scotty McCreery.
There are no age restrictions for the talent show, and judging will be in three categories: 9 and under, 10-17 and 18-plus. The contest will begin at 10 a.m. on the Town Square Stage. Acts should not be longer than three and a half minutes.
Prizes will be awarded to top-three overall talent winners, and the top winner in each category. Judging will be done by panel of community leaders, including St. George Leisure Services Director Shane McAffee, State Bank of Southern Utah Vice President Jaylynn Purcell and Soul What?! lead singer and music teacher Alice Ericksen.
This is a free event, but contestants should register online or an entry form may be picked up at St. George Leisure Services, 220 N 200 East, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The entry deadline is July 2 at 5 p.m.
- What: City of St. George “Star Search Talent Show.”
- When: Wednesday, July 4, 10 a.m.
- Where: Town Square Stage.
- This event is free to attend, but participants must register.
- What: 99.9 KONY Country “4th of July Celebration” featuring Scotty McCreery.
- When: Wednesday, July 4 | Doors open at 6 p.m., show starts at 8 p.m., fireworks start at 10 p.m.
- Where: Dixie State University’s Trailblazer Stadium, 501 S. 700 East, St. George.
- Tickets are $10 per person for general admission and can be purchased online. A “meet and greet” with McCreedy costs $100, and also is available to purchase online.