FEATURE —Join Scott Nielson each month as he highlights some of Southern Utah’s most beautiful destinations in the “Nielson RV’s Great Adventure Road Tour.”
This month’s destination is Sand Hollow State Park, where there is fun to be had above and below the water. Camping RVing, ATVing or just splashing around in the lake make Sand Hollow a great adventure.
Driving directions to Sand Hollow State Park from St. George
Distance – 18 miles | Drive time approximately 26 minutes
- Take Interstate 15 heading north to Exit 16 for Highway 9 toward Hurricane.
- Merge onto Highway 9.
- Stay on Highway 9 approximately 4.8 miles.
- Turn right onto Sand Hollow Road.
- Continue on Sand Hollow Road for 4 miles.
- Turn left onto Sand Hollow Parkway to enter Sand Hollow State Park.
Know before you go
Sand Hollow State Park is a fee area. The day use fee for one vehicle with up to eight people inside is $10. Senior day use (62 and up) is $5 for one vehicle with up to eight people. The walk in fee is $4.
There are two campgrounds within Sand Hollow State Park; the Westside Campground and the Sandpit Campground. Both campgrounds offer fire pits and access to restrooms.
Camping fees cover the cost of one vehicle per night. An extra vehicle fee of $15 per night applies to additional vehicles.
Westside Campground is full hookups. Fees are $28 per night for one vehicle. Extra vehicle fee applies. Limit two vehicles.
Sandpit Campground is geared toward off-highway vehicle and all-terrain vehicle lovers and has three different sites with different fees:
- No hookups: $18 per night. Extra vehicle fee applies. Limit two vehicles per site.
- Partial hookups (water and electric); $25 per night. Extra vehicle fee applies. Limit two vehicles per site.
- Group campground (no hookups); $65 per night covers the first four vehicles. Limit 16 vehicles per site. Extra vehicle fee applies for vehicles 5-16.
Primitive camping is also available for $15 per night. No facilities are available in the primitive camping area.
For more information about Sand Hollow State Park, visit the park’s website.
- Nielsen RV | Website | Facebook | Telephone: 435-652-1111 in St. George or 435-635-5036 in Hurricane | Location: 341 E. Sunland Drive, St. George or 1210 W. State St., Hurricane.
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2017, all rights reserved.