ST. GEORGE — A fundraiser for the daughters of Kristy Manzanares will be held Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at a hair studio located in St. George. The event will include $10 haircuts and a parking lot sale.
Kristy Manzanares was found dead on an Alaskan cruise ship July 25. The FBI has arrested her husband, Kenneth Manzaneres, and he is being charged with murder in connection with her death. The couple has three daughters ranging in age from 13 to 22 years old.
The “Cuts for Kristy!” fundraiser is being organized by Kristy Manzanares’ niece, Kenzie Kuhlmann. Kuhlmann and several volunteer stylists are offering $10 haircuts for both men and women at a salon located at 1054 E. Riverside Drive (the back side of the same building as Simister Orthodontics).
Haircuts will be offered on a walk-in basis, and no other salon services will be offered throughout the day.
In addition to $10 haircuts, there will be a parking lot sale that will featured baked goods and small boutique beauty items such as little girl hair bows and headbands.
Money raised will go directly into a Zion’s Bank account that has been set up for the Manzanares girls, Kuhlmann said.
Kuhlmann said that the support they have received so far from people volunteering their time and talents to cut hair, bake treats and send boutique items has been overwhelming.
“I wish I were rich and could give everything to these girls,” she said, adding that she is glad that she can use her talents to help in whatever way she can.
Those who are unable to attend the fundraiser but wish to help can donate to the Zion’s Bank account under the name Kristy Hunt Manzanares.
- What: “Cuts for Kristy!” fundraiser for the daughters of Kristy Manzanares.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 19, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Hair Salon and Studio, 1054 E. Riverside Drive, Suite 103 B, St. George. The studio is located on the back side of the same building as Simister Orthodontics.
- Cost: $10; additional boutique items will be for sale. Donations accepted.
- Additional information: No other salon services will be offered this day.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2017, all rights reserved.