ST. GEORGE – The city of St. George and St. George Races invites the community to celebrate the Thanksgiving season Friday and Saturday as they present the first “Harvest Festival” and the annual “Turkey Trot 5K and Fun Run.”
The weekend will kick off Friday with the Harvest Festival, which will coincide with the grand reopening of the Seegmiller Historical Farm, 2450 S. 3000 East, St. George. Activities will begin at noon and will continue throughout the evening.
A full Harvest Festival schedule is as follows:
- Ribbon cutting ceremony and grand opening of the newly improved Seegmiller Farm. Mayor Jon Pike will speak, and a dedication will be done by the Seegmiller family.
- Pioneer crafts and games. Pie eating contest. Demonstrations from the Colonial era.
- Tours of the facility will be given.
- Turkey Trot registration and packet pickup will be open.
- Barbecue feast catered by DUB’s BBQ. Meal prices are $8 for adults and $5 for kids 11 and under. Purchase dinner tickets here.
- Barn square dance. Wear pioneer attire.
St. George Races Turkey Trot
The Turkey Trot 5K and Fun Run is an annual fundraiser to benefit Switchpoint Community Resource Center. Runners and walkers are asked to pay a small entry fee of $5 and bring three canned goods to donate to Switchpoint. Racers 8 years old and younger can race with just a food donation of three cans.
The Turkey Trot is a perfect family event. Runners can choose to do a 5K or a 1-mile run/walk. Both distances start and finish at Seegmiller Historical Farm.
Prize drawings – including 50 frozen turkeys and other gift certificates – are a highlight of the event.
Registration for the Turkey Trot can be done Friday during the Harvest Fest, on site Saturday beginning at 8 a.m. or online. The race starts at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
- What: “Harvest Festival” and annual “Turkey Trot”
- Harvest Festival, Friday, Nov. 18, noon to 9 p.m.
- Turkey Trot, Saturday, Nov. 19. Registration opens at 8 a.m., race at 9:30 a.m.
- Location: Seegmiller Historical Farm, 2450 S. 3000 East, St. George
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.