ST. GEORGE — The St. George Chamber of Commerce will hold its “Inspiration Luncheon” lunchtime social event Wednesday featuring Melissa Sevy, the founder and executive director of the nonprofit organization Musana International and the for-profit social venture Fair Kind.
Both of Sevy’s companies employ and empower female artisans in the developing world by facilitating their entrance into the global market.
Sevy has implemented health and community development projects in Uganda, Rwanda, India and China, spending nearly half of the past five years abroad. She is an adjunct instructor at Brigham Young University, teaches children’s dance and is also training for her first Ironman.
- What: St. George Chamber of Commerce Inspirational Luncheon featuring Melissa Sevy.
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 2. Doors open 11:30 a.m. Event begins at noon.
- Where: Dixie State University Gardner Center, 225 S. 700 East, St. George
- Advanced registration is highly recommended. Register online here.
Upcoming Chamber luncheons
- Nov. 9, 11:30 a.m -1 p.m. – Chamber trainers.
- What: Deven McDonald speaks on “Providing Your Customers with the Chick-fil-A Experience.”
- Where: Taylor Auditorium, 1526 E. Medical Center Drive.
- Nov. 17, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Chamber connect.
- What: Jubilee of Trees luncheon
- Where: Dixie Center St. George, 1830 S. Convention Center Drive, St George.
- Nov. 23 – No luncheon – Happy Thanksgiving!
- Nov. 30 – Details to be announced.
- What: Professional women’s luncheon