CEDAR CITY – The Iron County Children’s Justice Center, a nonprofit organization that helps abused children asks: Are you “One With Courage?”
Child sexual abuse is a crime of silence that thrives not only because of the perpetrator, but often because the victims and even victims’ loved ones do not want to share their dark secrets. It’s time for all of us to be “One With Courage” and speak out against child abuse.
The center is hosting its annual “Dancing with your Community Stars” benefit show Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the Heritage Center Theater. Proceeds from the concert will help the center continue to provide healing support to victims of child abuse.
Community stars include prominent business leaders, teachers, civic leaders and public safety officials, all of whom will dance on stage for this worthy cause.
Admission is $15 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under.
About the Iron County Children’s Justice Center
The Children’s Justice Center is a safe home-like setting where victims of child abuse can receive a forensic interview, medical exam and referral to victim services, such as mental health counseling and support services.
All proceeds of the event will go to support the Children’s Justice Center in their efforts against child abuse and being “One With Courage.”
- What: Iron County Children’s Justice Center hosts Dancing With Your Community Stars.
- When: Thursday, Nov. 3, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Heritage Center Theater, 105 N. 100 East, Cedar City.
- Cost: Adults, $15; children (0-12), $10.
- Purchase tickets: From a dancer | Online | By telephone: 435-867-4275 | At the Iron County Children’s Justice Center, 545 S. 225 East, Cedar City.