CEDAR CITY — Fresenius Kidney Care, the dialysis division of Fresenius Medical Care North America and the nation’s leading network of dialysis facilities, invites the community to attend an open house celebration Thursday from 4-6:30 p.m. at its new clinic in Cedar City.
Fresenius Kidney Care, a joint venture with Southern Utah Kidney and Hypertension Center, enables the clinic’s local team of expert medical professionals to better serve the Southern Utah area’s growing dialysis community.
The clinic is centrally located across Main Street from the Cedar City Hospital and is the only facility to provide at-home dialysis in a 45-mile radius.
Local experienced medical professionals will be available to discuss:
- Patient services and the latest dialysis treatment options, including:
- In-center dialysis – provides the reassurance of staff-assisted treatment and labs all in one place.
- At-home dialysis – offers patients greater independence, convenience and health benefits.
- How the center’s care team meets patients’ physical and emotional needs by individualizing their care.
- How Fresenius Medical Care Cedar City strives to empower people to thrive on and live the healthiest, fullest way possible – with kidney disease treatments that fit in with life, not the other way around.
The tour of the clinic will include opportunities to meet the treatment team, see the treatment rooms and learn about other services offered at the center, such as hemodialysis travel services, pharmacy services and ongoing educational programs. Light refreshments will be available at the event.
About kidney disease and dialysis
According to the National Kidney Foundation, one in three American adults are at risk for developing kidney disease. The two leading causes of kidney disease are high blood pressure and diabetes. Other risk factors include family history of kidney failure, kidney stones, smoking, obesity and cardiovascular disease.
Dialysis is required for those who develop end stage kidney failure, which typically represents 85 to 90 percent loss of kidney function. Dialysis is used to remove waste, salt and extra water in the body, and keep safe levels of potassium, sodium and bicarbonate in the blood and control blood pressure.
About Fresenius Kidney Care
Fresenius Kidney Care, a division of Fresenius Medical Care North America, provides dialysis treatment and services to more than 180,000 patients with kidney disease at more than 2,200 facilities nationwide. Fresenius Kidney Care supports people by helping to address both the physical and emotional aspects of kidney disease through personalized care, education and lifestyle support services so they can lead meaningful and fulfilling lives.
Fresenius Kidney Care patients have access to the center’s integrated network of kidney care services, ranging from cardiology and vascular care to pharmacy and lab services as well as urgent care centers and the country’s largest practice of hospitalist and post-acute providers. As a leader in renal care technology, innovation and clinical research, the company’s more than 67,000 employees are dedicated to the mission of delivering superior care that improves the quality of life for people with kidney disease.
- What: Fresenius Kidney Care hosts Open House at Fresenius Medical Care Cedar City.
- When: Thursday, Oct. 20, 4-6:30 p.m.
- Where: Fresenius Medical Care Cedar City, 1320 N. Main St., Cedar City.
- Admission: Free to public.
- For more information, please contact Clinic Manager Richard Eaton at 435-867-8163.
Email: [email protected]