ST. GEORGE – Free2Feed, a nonprofit motherhood and breastfeeding support group, is hosting “The Breast Run Ever,” a 5K race to raise funds for the group’s efforts to provide support, education and love to mothers and expectant mothers. The race will take place Oct. 29 at 10 a.m. at Sullivan Soccer Park, 965 S. Washington Fields Road in Washington City.
Free2Feed was founded by Aditi Aromi, a Southern Utah woman who was looking for support in her own personal breastfeeding journey. At the time, no group existed that offered the support she was looking for, so Aromi created her own.
The group has evolved from simply breastfeeding support to a full motherhood support group. Aromi estimated that nearly 400 women have participated in Free2Feed’s classes, support groups and fundraisers.
“The Breast Run Ever” is an annual event that helps raise funds to support the nonprofit organization.
This year’s event will feature a contest for expectant mothers with a grand prize birth package worth $1500 that includes:
- Full service chiropractic care package.
- Prenatal breastfeeding class.
- Birth education package.
- Essential oils complete kit.
- Doula services.
- Birth photography and newborn sessions.
- Postpartum lactation home visit.
- Pediatric chiropractic follow-up care.
To enter for the grand prize, the expectant mother needs to gather a team of five runners. Teams will be registered in a separate category from other participants. The first runner among the registered teams to cross the finish line will win the birth package for the mother-to-be whose team the runner is on.
The expectant mother does not need to race in order to be qualified as long as she has a team of five registered runners racing on her behalf, Aromi said.
Awards will be given to the first, second and third place runners not participating in the birth package contest, and over $700 in prizes will be given away to participants.
The cost to participate is $35 for adults, $20 for youth ages 10-15 with a paying adult and $55 for a family of five within the same household. Children 10 and under are free with a paying adult. Race fees include a high-quality running shirt, music and food.
Runners can register online or at the event on the day of the race. Race day registrants are not guaranteed a shirt.
Mothers wishing to join or learn more about Free2Feed are invited to come to a meeting. The first visit is always free.
After the first visit, membership dues are $10 for four educational classes or $50 for the whole year.
Free2Feed of St. George meets every Monday from 10-11:30 a.m. in the New Promise Lutheran Church, Luther Hall, 244 S. Valley View Drive, St. George.
- What: “The Breast Run Ever” 5K.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 29 | Registration, 9 a.m.; race start, 10 a.m.
- Where: Sullivan Soccer Park, 965 S. Washington Fields Road, Washington City.
- Cost: Individual, $35; youth (10-15 with paying adult), $20; children (under 10 with paying adult), free; family (up to 5 family members of the same household), $55.
- Register: Online | At the event on the day of the race. Race day registrants are not guaranteed a T-shirt.
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.