MESQUITE, Nev. – Elvis Presley tribute artists from across the county are getting set to storm the Showroom stage at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Thursday through Saturday for the annual “Elvis Rocks Mesquite” competition.
Elvis tribute artists, or Elvi, will vie for their share of $10,000 in prize money as they pay homage to “The King of Rock and Roll” and his three-decades long legacy of music.
The competition will consist of three preliminary rounds each focusing on a different decade – the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s – and style of Elvis Presley music and fashion.
Winners of each preliminary round will face off in a final round of showmanship to see who will be crowned this year’s “King” of the Elvi.
Las Vegas favorite Kelly Clinton-Holmes will host the event.
In addition to the competition, several fun activities that will give guests the chance to mix and mingle with the tribute artists will take place throughout the event.
Schedule of events and competition times (all times are in Pacific Daylight Time)
Thursday, 7 p.m. PDT | Elvi Meet and Greet
- A free meet and greet at the CasaBlanca’s Skydome Lounge will be held Thursday at 7 p.m. Guests 21 and over are invited to mingle with the competitors while enjoying music and drinks
Friday, 2 p.m. PDT | First Preliminary Round
- Round one of the competition will feature Elvis tribute artists paying homage to the Elvis Presley of the 1950s
Friday, 7 p.m. PDT | Second Preliminary Round
- Round two of the competition will feature Elvis tribute artists paying homage to the Elvis Presley of the 1960s
Friday 11 p.m. PDT | Late Night Karaoke Party
- Join “Elvis Rocks Mesquite” contestants in a freestyle karaoke party at the Skydome Lounge. Must be 21 and over
Saturday, 2 p.m. PDT | Third Preliminary Round
- Round three of the competition will feature Elvis tribute artists paying homage to the Elvis Presley of the 1970s
Saturday, 8 p.m. PDT | Final Round
- The final round of the competition will see the winners of each preliminary round face off in an all-decades competition to crown “The King”
Saturday, 10:30 p.m. PDT | Copy Cats After Show
- Stick around after the finals and enjoy a free after show where contestants will show off their other tribute talents. The after show is 21 and over only
Tickets can be purchased for each round individually or as a four-show package. VIP booths and VIP preferred seating options (Rows 1-3) are also available. Tickets can be purchased online by phone at 800-585-3737 or in person at the CasaBlanca Resort Front Desk.
- What: “Elvis Rocks Mesquite” Elvis Tribute Artists show and competition
- When: June 16-18
- Where: CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Cost: $15-$100
- Purchase Tickets: Online by phone at 800-585-3737 or in person at the CasaBlanca Resort Front Desk
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.