SOUTHERN UTAH – Harmons Neighborhood Grocer stores in Santa Clara and St. George are set to host several different store tours aimed at guiding the consumer on a journey of healthy eating. Learn what to purchase to make healthy living simpler or navigate buying food for a diabetic at one of these tours.
Most tours are free, the grocer’s news release states, but reservations are required. Below is a listing of all the tours, and prices where applicable, for each store during the month of June.
Eating Seasonally nutrition workshop | $10 with $5 gift card upon completion
What does it actually mean to eat seasonally? Is there a difference between eating seasonally and eating locally? What are the benefits of eating with the seasons? Does this mean I have to give up bananas?
Come and learn the answers to those questions as well as practical ways to incorporate seasonal Utah fruits and vegetables into your diet. This is a great way to add excitement and healthfulness to any lifestyle.
- St. George location, 1189 S. 700 East: Thursday, June 9, 5 p.m.
- Santa Clara location, 3520 Pioneer Parkway: Thursday, June 16, 5 p.m.
Healthy Living store tour | Free
Does a trip to the grocery store ever leave you feeling confused and defeated? Don’t worry, you’re not alone — and Harmons says its staff is here to help.
With such a variety of foods on the shelves and the many health claims on packaging, how do you decide what foods are the best to keep you healthy?
Join your Harmons dietitian Melanie for this fun tour to learn what to look for in different products to make better choices for you and your family. Have you noticed new tags on Harmons’ shelves? Melanie will also tell you all about the grocer’s green “dietitians choice” labels.
- St. George location: Monday, June 13, 11 a.m.
- Santa Clara location: Monday, June 6, 11 a.m.
Gluten-Free store tour | Free
Following a gluten free diet can be confusing and challenging, so Harmons’ dietitians want to make your shopping experience a bit easier. Join a Harmons’ dietitian for a tour of the wide selection of gluten free foods and products offered at Harmons, and learn how to use our gluten free shelf tags to make shopping more convenient.
- St. George location: Monday, June 20, 4 p.m.
- Santa Clara location: Tuesday, June 21, 4 p.m.
Navigating Diabetes store tour | Free
If you or someone you know is living with diabetes or pre-diabetes, this store tour is for you. Take a tour of Harmons with registered dietitian Melanie and learn how the grocer’s delicious fresh foods and grocery products can fit into a healthy and balanced diabetes meal plan. Melanie will show you how to include your favorite foods in your diet while still staying within your carbohydrate limit.
This is a great opportunity to refresh your label reading and carbohydrate counting skills as well.
- St. George Location: Monday, June 27, 4 p.m.
- Santa Clara location: Tuesday, June 28, 4 p.m.
- What: Dietitian guided Harmons Neighborhood Grocer store tours
- Cost: Eating Seasonally Nutrition Workshop, $10 | All other tours, free
- Register: Online | By phone to Melanie: 435-656-6209
- St. George Harmons: 1189 S. 700 East, St. George
- Santa Clara Harmons: 3520 Pioneer Parkway, Santa Clara
Email: [email protected]