PHOENIX, Ariz. — The Internal Revenue Service is marking National Small Business Week, which runs from May 1 – 7, by encouraging small business owners and self-employed individuals to check out several products to help them understand and meet their tax obligations.
The products include a series of educational webinars to help businesses not only be tax compliant, but also to help their businesses thrive. The webinars start at 2 p.m. Eastern time; 1 p.m. Central time; 12 p.m. Mountain time and 11 a.m. Pacific time. Each webinar topic has a tax tip or fact sheet with more information:
- May 2: “Tax Tips for your New Business,” register here.
- May 3: “Staying Afloat: Planning for Emergencies Before they Happen,” register here.
- May 4: “Worker Classification: Employee or Independent Contractor?” (in Spanish), register here.
- May 5 “Tip Reporting and Tips vs. Service Charges,” Register here.
Other Small Business Products
- The IRS video portal contains video and audio presentations on a variety of topics of interest to small businesses.
- The IRS YouTube video channel also offers videos for small businesses.
- The Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center is a complete online resource featuring links to a variety of useful tools.
- The Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center is for sole proprietors and others who are in business for themselves. This site has many useful tips and references to the tax rules that a self-employed person may need to know.
- The Online Learning and Educational Products page has tools to help taxpayers learn about taxes on their own time, and at their own pace.
- e-News for Small Businesses is a free electronic mail service providing tax information for small business owners and self-employed individuals.
- SSA/IRS Reporter is a quarterly, online-only publication for businesses, payroll professionals and others who deal with payroll taxes and employee issues.
- Do some or all of your employees lack access to a retirement savings plan? You can help them get started saving for retirement with myRA, a simple, safe and affordable retirement savings option from the U.S. Treasury.
Email: [email protected]