SOUTHERN UTAH — The weekend is almost here again, and that means it’s time to look for adventure — maybe something fun, inspiring, educational or entertaining. Take advantage of our snapshot of Southern Utah events and activities to enjoy with family and friends, and keep the adventure going all weekend long!
Watch TGIF Show co-hosts Sheldon and Hollie talk about their weekend picks:
Weekend events | April 1-3
- Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. | “Snapshots: Highlights from the Springville Museum of Art’s Family Vacation” | Admission: $1.50-$3 | Location: Frontier Homestead State Park, 635 N. Main St., Cedar City
- Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. | National Parks: Uniting America: 100 Years on Common Ground | Admission: $1-$3 | Location: St. George Art Museum, 47 E. 200 North, St. George
- No events fit this description. Submit your event here
- Friday-Saturday, 7 p.m. and Saturday matinee, 2 p.m. | “Forever Plaid” | Admission: $17-$23 | Location: Brigham’s Playhouse, 25 N. 300 West, Washington City
- Saturday, 7 p.m. | “Dancing with your Community Stars” | Admission: $15 | Location: Dixie High School, 350 E. 700 South, St. George
- Friday, 10:30 a.m. | Story Time | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library, Washington City Branch, 220 N. 300 East, Washington City
- Friday, 11 a.m. | Toddler Time With Mrs. Mann | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library, St. George Branch, 88 W. 100 South, St. George
- Friday, 11 a.m. | Moms n’ Tots Playtime | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library, Hurricane Branch, 36 S. 300 West, Hurricane
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Annual Fishing Derby | Admission: Free | Location: Tawa Ponds, 2200 West Snow Canyon Parkway, St. George
- Saturday, 1 p.m. | St. George Lions Club 47th Annual Horse Race | Admission: Adults, $6, Children (12-18), $4, Children (11 and under), free | Location: Washington County Fairgrounds, 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane
- Saturday, 1 p.m. | Story Time | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library, Springdale Branch, 126 Lion Blvd., Springdale
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Tuacahn Saturday Market | Admission: Free | Location: Tuacahn Center for the Arts, Ivins
- Saturday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Grand opening of co-brand Doc Popcorn and Dippin’ Dots franchise | Admission: Free | Location: Fabulous Freddy’s Car Wash, 806 N. Bluff St., St. George
- Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Bread of Life Community Kitchen | Admission: Free | Location: 2569 N. Freeway Drive, Cedar City
- Friday, 1-4 p.m. | Food Pantry | Admission: Free | Location: Solomon’s Porch, 1495 S. Blackridge Drive, St. George | Telephone: 435-669-9070
- Saturday, 10 a.m. |Fifth Annual Ride For Heroes Benefit | Admission: $30 per rider, $10 additional hand | Location: Zion Harley Davidson, 2345 N. Coral Canyon Blvd., Washington City
- Saturday, 7 p.m. | Hope and Repair Support Show for Crestsinger Family | Admission: $5 | Location: Mike’s Tavern, 90 W. Hoover Ave., Cedar City
- Sunday, 12:30 p.m. | Sunday Feast | Admission: Free | Location: Solomon’s Porch, 1495 S. Blackridge Drive, St. George | Telephone: 435-669-9070
- Saturday, 7:30 p.m. PDT | Steve Lippia in “Simply Swingin'” | Admission: $15-$35 | Location: CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Saturday, 8 p.m. | REO Speedwagon | Admission: $49-$69 | Location: Tuacahn Center for the Arts, 1100 Tuacahn Drive, Ivins
- Friday, 6-11 p.m., Jazz Garden until midnight | “George, Streetfest on Main” | Admission: Free; vendor prices vary | Location: Downtown Historic District, St. George
- Friday, 7-11 p.m. | Spring Swing Dance | Admission: $15 | Location: St. George Children’s Museum, 86 S. Main St., St. George
- Friday, 8:30 p.m. PDT | Comedy Machine | Admission: $15-$25 | Location: CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Friday, 10 p.m. | Off the Cuff Comedy Improvisation | Admission: $5 | Location: Off the Cuff Comedy Improvisation, 913 S. Main St., Cedar City
- Saturday, 7 p.m. | Improv Dixie: April Fool’n Around | Admission: Free | Location: Jazzy’s, 285 N. Bluff St., St. George
- Saturday, 9 p.m. | Lisa Mac | Admission: TBA | Location: FireHouse Bar and Grill, 1476 W. Sunset Blvd., St. George
- Friday, 6-7:30 p.m. | Breeding Grounds of Snow Canyon | Admission: Free, registration required | Location: Snow Canyon State Park, Ivins | Telephone: 435-628-2255
- Saturday, 9 a.m. | Cactus Hugger Mountain Bike Race | Admission: $10-$45 | Location: Green Valley Raceway, End of Canyon View Drive, St. George
- Saturday, 9 a.m. | Virgin BMX Race | Admission: $10 per racer, spectators free | Location: Virgin, Utah BMX, 900 North Kolob Road, Virgin
- Saturday, 10 a.m. | Brian Head Spring Carnival | Admission: Free; King of the Hill event, $10 | Location: Brian Head Resort, 329 S. Highway 143, Brian Head
NOTE: Changes in scheduled events may arise without notice to St. George News; links and contact information are provided for your convenience in confirming details.
Have a tip for something happening next weekend?
Send us the details to be considered for next weekend’s TGIF!
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.