ST. GEORGE — The annual “Dancing with your Community Stars” benefit show is set to take place Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Dixie High School Auditorium, 350 E. 700 South in St. George.
Back for a second year, Saturday’s competition brings a whole new crop of dancers and professionals set to waltz their way into your hearts while raising funds for a nonprofit organization that helps children in need.
Proceeds from this fundraiser will directly benefit the Washington County Children’s Justice Center. The justice center is a safe home-like setting where victims of child abuse or others in need can receive coordinated services, such as a forensic interview, connection to victim services, referrals for a medical exam, mental health counseling and other needed support services.
Local “stars” and professional dancers have given their time and talents, spending hours in rehearsals to bring the community a night of great entertainment for a great cause.
The 2016 community stars are:
- Terri Kane | CEO, Dixie Regional Medical Center
- Lorri Soqui | Certified pilates trainer and postural specialist, Summit Athletic Club
- Sherrie Staheli | Staheli Family Farms
- Eric Dodge | Country singer
- David Cordero | Award-winning writer/media professional
- Ben Shakespeare | Owner, Shakespeare Development Group and Pride Point Construction
Training and partnering with these local celebrities are a team of talented professional dancers including Giacomo and Debra Agrello of Agrello Dance and Fitness Studio; Neil Duncan, a local professional ballroom dancer; Camille Bahoravitch of Westside Studio; Christine France representing Tuacahn High School Ballroom; and Bob Townsend-Manning, co-owner of Dancing for the Rest of Us.
The 2015 winners of “Dancing with your Community Stars” were local star Carmen Snow and her professional partner, Giacomo Agrello.
Last year’s “Dancing with your Community Stars” was the inaugural event and more than $15,000 was raised for the Children’s Justice Center. In keeping with tradition from 2015, you can contact your favorite star now and purchase votes to help them win, or you can purchase votes at the show.
Come join us for a night of fun and great entertainment. What better way to help support some of our most endearing and vulnerable citizens in the community.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- What: “Dancing with your Community Stars”
- When: Saturday, April 2, 7 p.m.
- Where: Dixie High School, 350 E. 700 South, St. George
- Cost: $15
- Purchase tickets: Online |Contact one of this year’s community stars or call 435-634-1134
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.