SOUTHERN UTAH — The weekend is almost here again and that means it’s time to look for adventure — maybe something fun, inspiring, educational or entertaining. Take advantage of our snapshot of Southern Utah events and activities to enjoy with family, friends and maybe even make new friends. Keep the adventure going all weekend long!
Watch TGIF Show co-hosts Sheldon and Hollie talk about their weekend picks:
Weekend events | Jan. 29-31
- Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. | National Parks: Uniting America: 100 Years on Common Ground | Admission: $1-$3 | Location: St. George Art Museum, 47 E. 200 North, St. George
- Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Matthew Jacobson Gallery Show | Admission: Free | Location: Roene B. DiFiore Center, 307 N. Main, St. George | Telephone: 435-772-ARTS
- Friday-Saturday, noon to 7 p.m. | Southern Utah University Faculty Exhibition | Admission: Free | Location: Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery, Braithwaite Building, lower level, SUU Campus, 351 W. University Blvd., Cedar City
- Thursday-Saturday, all day | Winter Bird Festival | Admission: $10 | Location: Most events held at Tonaquint Nature Center, 1851 S. Dixie Drive, St. George, see link for more details
- Friday, noon | Interagency Brown Bag Lecture Series | Admission: Free, reservations required | Location: Interagency Information Center, 345 E. Riverside Drive, St. George | Telephone: 435-688-3200
- Friday, 7 p.m. | “The Wrecking Crew” | Admission: $5 | Location: The Electric Theater, 68 E. Tabernacle St., St. George
- Saturday, 1-2 p.m. | Raven Intelligence | Admission: Free, state park fees may apply | Location: Snow Canyon State Park, Ivins | Reservations: 435-628-2255
- Saturday, 3-6 p.m. | Bike Film Festival | Admission: Free | Location: The Electric Theater, 68 E. Tabernacle St., St. George
- Friday, 6 p.m. | Regional Drill Team Competition | Admission: Free | Location: Southern Utah University Centrum Arena, SUU Campus, 351 W. University Blvd., Cedar City
- Friday-Saturday, 7 p.m., Saturday 2 p.m. matinee | Alfred Hitchcock’s “The 39 Steps” | Admission: $17-$23 | Location: Brigham’s Playhouse, 25 N. 300 West, Washington City
- Friday-Saturday, 7:30 p.m. | “The White Whale” | Admission: $10 | Location: Dixie State University Eccles Fine Arts Center, 225 S. 700 East, St. George
- Friday-Saturday, 7:30 p.m. | “The Wedding Singer” | Admission: $16-$20 | Location: St. George Opera House, 212 N. Main Street, St. George
- Friday-Saturday, 7:30 p.m. | “The Wedding Singer” | Admission: Adults, $12, students and seniors, $8 | Location: Heritage Center Theater, 105 N. 100 East, Cedar City
- Saturday, 7:30 p.m. | Power Play: An Electric Evening of Music | Admission: Free | Location: Thorley Recital Hall, Southern Utah University Music Building, SUU Campus, 351 W. University Blvd., Cedar City
- Friday, 10:30 a.m. | Story Time | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library Washington City Branch, 220 N. 300 East, Washington City
- Friday, 11 a.m. | Toddler Time With Mrs. Mann | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library St. George Branch, 88 W. 100 South, St. George
- Friday, 11 a.m. | Moms n’ Tots Playtime | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library Hurricane Branch, 36 S. 300 West, Hurricane
- Saturday, 1 p.m. | Story Time | Admission: Free | Location: Washington County Library Springdale Branch, 126 Lion Blvd., Springdale
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Tuacahn Saturday Market | Admission: Free | Location: Tuacahn Center for the Arts, Ivins
- Saturday 1-3 p.m. | Red Rock Bicycle Chili Cook-Off | Admission: Free | Location: Red Rock Bicycle, 446 W. 100 S., St. George
- Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Bread of Life Community Kitchen | Admission: Free | Location: 2569 N. Freeway Drive, Cedar City
- Friday, 1-4 p.m. | Food Pantry | Admission: Free | Location: Solomon’s Porch, 1495 S. Blackridge Drive, St. George | Telephone: 435-669-9070
- Saturday, registration 10 a.m. | “Freezin’ for a Reason” Polar Plunge | Admission: $50, adults, $30, students and Special Olympic athletes, spectators free | Location: Cedar City Aquatic Center, 2090 W. Royal Hunte Drive, Cedar City
- Sunday, 12:30 p.m. | Sunday Feast | Admission: Free | Location: Solomon’s Porch, 1495 S. Blackridge Drive, St. George | Telephone: 435-669-9070
- Friday, 8 p.m. | Under the Covers: The Cure | Admission: $3-$5 | Location: Jazzy’s, 285 N. Bluff Street, St. George
- Saturday, 6-9 p.m. | Tom Bennett One Man Band | Admission: No cover, food and beverage prices vary | Location: Zion Canyon Brewing Company, 95 Zion Park Blvd., Springdale
- Saturday, 8 p.m. | Rock and Roll Rumble Round One | Admission: $5 | Location: Jazzy’s, 285 N. Bluff Street, St. George
- Saturday, 9 p.m. | Closure | Admission: $5, 21-and-over only | Location: FireHouse Bar and Grill, 1476 W. Sunset Blvd., St. George
- Friday, 9 p.m. | Free Fridays with DJ Ballin | Admission: Free | Location: FireHouse Bar and Grill, 1476 W. Sunset Blvd., St. George
- Saturday, all day | Great White Weekend on the Snow | Admission: Varies | Location: Brian Head Ski Resort, Brian Head
- Saturday, all day | Moto86Forever Winter Race Series | Admission: Spectators: Adults, $10 gate fee, Kids (6-12), $5 gate fee, Competitors: $40 Pro, $35 Amateur | Location: SGMX Motoproving Ground, From Interstate 15 take Southern Parkway east to Exit 6 Desert Canyons Parkway, turn left under the overpass and follow the dirt road approximately one mile until you see the wooden entrance of SGMX
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Guided Snowshoe Hikes | Admission: Free | Location: Cedar Breaks National Monument | Telephone: 435-586-9451 ext. 4425
- Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. | Snow Fest | Admission: TBA, reservations required | Location: Deer Hollow Non-Motorized Winter Recreation Area, 22 miles east of Cedar City off Highway 14 | Telephone: 435-865-3730
NOTE: Changes in scheduled events may arise without notice to St. George News; links and contact information are provided for your convenience in confirming details.
Have a tip for something happening next weekend?
Send us the details to be considered for next weekend’s TGIF!
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.