MESQUITE, Nev. — In what is set to be one of the biggest events for the Mesquite and surrounding communities, approximately 800 classic and custom cars will descend on the southern Nevada town Jan. 15-17 as part of the eighth annual “Mesquite Motor Mania.”
This event is free to the public and offers something for every car enthusiast with a weekend full of classic cars, hot rods, street rods and more, showing off their prowess under the hood and on the body.
While much of the country remains under a blanket of snow or ice, Mesquite boasts temperate January weather, making the motor mania a perfect opportunity for car enthusiasts to bring their showpieces out of the garage and into the sunny limelight.
“We typically get nice weather,” Christian Adderson, corporate sales manager for Mesquite Gaming, said. “This is one of the first car shows of the new year, it really gets people into the car show mood and many are making it a priority to attend.”
The weekend will be full of activities including a roaring-engines competition, slow drags, burn-out competitions and, one of the highlights of the weekend, the open-header cruise.
More than 260 awards will be given out during the event including awards for the Top 150 cars, dignitary and sponsor awards as well as cash and drawing prizes, Adderson said.
Mesquite Motor Mania will take place throughout Mesquite at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, the Oasis Resort, The Virgin River Resort and the Eureka Resort Casino and is sponsored by the Mesquite Resort Association, all of the participating resorts and casinos, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Las Vegas Events, Mesquite Car Shows and Las Vegas Cruisin’ Association Inc.
Music to match the motors
- On the showroom stage Jan. 15, will be Turn the Page, the ultimate tribute to Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band. Advanced tickets range from $15 for basic seating to $30 for VIP booths and tables.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by phone at 800-585-3737 or in person at the CasaBlanca front desk.
- The musical tributes continue Saturday, Jan. 16, with Mick Adams and The Stones, a tribute to the Rolling Stones.
- In another high-energy show, Mick Adams and The Stones will honor what some call the greatest rock and roll band in history. Advanced ticket purchases range from $15-$30 and can be purchased online, by phone at 1-800-585-3737 or in person at the CasaBlanca front desk.
Additional charges apply for tickets purchased on the day of the events. Both shows are for people 21-and-over only.
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
- What: Mesquite Motor Mania
- When: Friday-Sunday, Jan. 15-17
- Where: Participating resorts and casinos in Mesquite, Nevada
- Cost: Free, some activities vary
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.