KANAB — The Bureau of Land Management Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument visitor centers will soon begin shifting to winter season hours of operation. Additionally, all facilities will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day weekend, Dec. 25- 28, and New Year’s Day.
Winter operational hours
- BLM Kanab Visitor Center: Beginning Dec. 1, this visitor center will close on weekends and operate on weekdays only, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The walk-in lottery for permits into Vermillion Cliffs National Monument at North Coyote Buttes (The Wave) and South Coyote Buttes will be conducted at 8:30 a.m. during days of operation.
- Nov. 25, there will be a two-day lottery for Nov. 26 and 27
- Dec. 24, there will be a four-day lottery for Dec. 25 through the 28
- Dec. 3, there will be a four-day lottery for Jan. 1-4
- Big Water Visitor Center: Beginning Nov. 15, this visitor center will operate Thursday through Monday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday for the remainder of the winter season.
- Cannonville Visitor Center: Beginning Nov. 15, hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The facility will close for the winter season Nov. 29 and reopen in March.
- Escalante Interagency Visitor Center: Beginning Nov. 15, this visitor center will operate on weekdays only, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
More details about activities on Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and BLM-managed public lands can be found online.
Email: [email protected]