ST.GEORGE – It’s time to indulge in some spooky, silly fun. Halloween events and attractions around St. George include haunted houses, family-farm fun and old-fashioned storytelling around the campfire. Many of the events benefit local organizations and all are designed to bring the community together. Get your costumes ready and celebrate the holiday by attending some of the many events listed below.
Spooktacular, St. George – OVER
Spooktacular at Red Cliffs Health and Rehab is a Halloween event with a a couple twists – it affords kids the opportunity to interact with the facility’s residents and proceeds of the event go to Coins for Kids to help other kids celebrate Christmas.
- Where: Red Cliffs Health and Rehab, 1745 E. 280 North, St George
- When: Thursday, Oct. 29, 5-7 p.m.; silent auction runs from 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Cost: $5 per person, $25 per family (up to six members)
Odyssey Dance’s “Thriller”, St. George
The spooky spectacular combines technical aspects of dance while paying homage to the stars of All Hallows’ Eve.
Throughout the two-hour program, “Thriller” highlights all the heroes of the season, including Frankenstein’s monster and his bride, skeletons, mummies and werewolves. But among the ghouls, you’ll find other unlikely heroes of Halloween, such as Bubbles the Clown and the “Giggle Girl,” who sings and maniacally laughs her way through songs such as “I Saw Mommy Killing Santa Claus.”
- Where: Tuacahn Center for the Arts, 1100 Tuacahn Drive, Ivins
- When: Monday-Saturday through Oct. 31, 7:30 p.m.
Spooky Town Fair, St. George – OVER
The St. George Spooky Town Fair is a family-friendly event perfect for small children. Carnival games and a costume contest are highlights of the fair, now in its fourth year. New this year will be the Kids Adventure Challenge, with an inflatable slide, a zip line and a bungee jump trampoline. The event benefits the Washington County School District Foundation. A new partnership with the St. George Book Festival brings authors and reading events to the fair. The Festival Book Expo and a special campfire stories event will be part of the fun.
- Where: St. George Town Square, 50 S. Main Street, St. George
- Admission: Free
As part of the St. George Book Festival, Comics Plus will host Comic Spook Day to promote literacy and reading by giving away special Halloween comics free of charge. Local comic book creators will be on hand including Lee Wiley, Gabriel Ramirez, comic strip creator; and Travis Romney. Shardwell Series authors Amanda Gerry and Christy Hall will also be there.
Comic Spook Day, St. George – OVER
- When: Saturday, Friday, Oct. 24, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Comics Plus, 348 W St. George Blvd., St. George
- Admission: Free
Ghost Nights, Leeds – OVER
The Silver Reef Museum will once again host Ghost Nights. The haunted happening features ghostly storytellers sharing scary tales of their former lives. The event offers two performances, an indoor matinee for those who fear the dark, and the main outdoor performance under the stars. Bring your flashlight.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 24, 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. | Friday Oct. 30, 7 p.m.
- Where: Silver Reef Museum, 1903 Wells Fargo Rd, Leeds
- Admission: $5 with reservations, $7 at the door
The Haunted Woods: Lost Carnival, Cedar City
The Willow Glen Inn in Enoch will welcome intrepid fright-seekers to its Haunted Woods: Lost Carnival venue.
- When: Oct. 23, 24, 30, 31, 7:30 to 11 p.m.
- Where: Willow Glen Inn, 3308 N Bulldog Road, Cedar City
- Admission: $8 per victim
Sleepy Hollow Halloween, Hurricane
Western Legacy Farm and Ranch offers a Sleepy Hollow Halloween in Hurricane. A corn maze, hay rides, Ichabod’s Train and the occasional headless visitor are part of the fun.
- When: Oct. 19, 23, 24, 26, 30, 31, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Western Legacy Farm and Ranch, 1600 S 160 West, Hurricane
- Admission: $5, kids 3 and under are admitted free
Field of Screams and other fall attractions, Washington
Staheli Family Farm combines harvest traditions with Halloween chills. The farm boasts a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayride and petting zoo. The Field of Screams and resident witch, Wick’a Dee create a haunted Halloween atmosphere.
- When: Everyday through Oct. 31, hours vary per event
- Where: Staheli Family Farm, 3400 S Washington Fields Road, Washington
- Admission: Ticket prices vary per event
Judd Pumpkin Patch and Petting Zoo, Paragonah
For less frightening harvest fun consider visiting one of the many family farms in Southern Utah to enjoy a hayride and pick some pumpkins.
- When: Monday – Saturday through Oct. 31, 9 a.m. to dusk
- Where: Judd Family Farm, 314 E 270 North, Paragonah
- Admission: Free, pumpkins 20 cents per pound. Wagon rides $1.50
- Information 435-477-9783
Robinson Family Pumpkin Patch, Cedar City
- When: Monday–Friday, 5 p.m. to dark, Saturday 9 a.m. to dark through Oct. 31
Where: Robinson Family Farm, 1450 W Industrial Road, Cedar City
- Information 435-691-5014
First Responder Car Show and All Abilities Walk, St. George
Enjoy games, carnival rides and a car show all while doing some good in the community.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 31, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: St. George Town Square, 50 S. Main St., St. George
- Admission: Entrance to car show and carnival activities is free. “All Abilities Walk” registration is $5 per person or $20 per family
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community trick or treat, Ivins
Trick or treating alternatives abound in Southern Utah but here’s one that will be as much a treat to the residents as it will be for the trick-or-treaters.
- When: Saturday Oct. 31, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Southern Utah Veterans Home, 160 N 200 East, Ivins
- Information 435-634-5220
Trick or Treat at the Museum, Mesquite
- When: Saturday Oct. 31, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Virgin Valley Heritage Museum, 35 W Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Information 702-346-5705
Got more Halloween happenings?
Updated: Oct. 26 – added events
- St. George Book Festival extols literacy for all ages, week full of events
- Spooky Town Fair’s kid-friendly Halloween fun, not fright, supports classrooms
- Weird Tales: Ghostly phone call
- Weird tales: Dark road through the woods
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.