ST. GEORGE — A “Stand Down” will be held Saturday at the Switchpoint Community Resource Center, 948 N. 1300 West, in St. George. The Stand Down will provide multiple veteran services and program information at one convenient location.
This event will connect homeless and veterans at risk of being homeless with information and services including medical physicals; dental checks; legal clinic; VA services eligibility for healthcare enrollment, pension and disability claim assistance, Veteran CarePaks (hygiene kits, blankets, warm clothes, goodies and more); education and employment opportunities; free haircuts; mental health services education; substance abuse services education; social and family services; women veterans information; and more.
Local Veteran Organizations, along with Switchpoint, are committed to serving the needs of homeless veterans in the community. Stand Downs present unique opportunities to promote health, wellness and connection to valuable VA and community resources for this vulnerable population.
Many Veterans are only one paycheck away from being homeless. Veterans should consider this event if they are experiencing legal issues or living paycheck to paycheck, which may contribute to being at risk of being homeless.
Transportation is available, and lunch will be provided.
- What: Stand Down for veterans
- When: Saturday, Oct. 17, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Switchpoint Community Resource Center, 948 N. 1300 West, St. George
- Contact Switchpoint at 435-627-4663 for more information
- Veterans Aware: Suicide awareness, ‘Veteran Stand Down’ event
- Utah Honor Flight reception gives veterans a hero’s welcome
- WWII, Korean War veterans return from Washington; Utah Honor Flight welcome home
Email: [email protected]