ST. GEORGE — Come out and support the annual Alzheimer’s and Dementia Society 3K walk, poker run and health fair Saturday, beginning at 9 a.m. in Tonaquint Park, 1851 S. Dixie Drive, in St. George.
Participants can register for the 3K walk and motorcycle poker run online. All proceeds go to provide needed services for families and individuals impacted by Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
Entrance donations are $25 for the walk or run. Participants will enjoy breakfast, health fair, swag bags, raffle awards and prizes.
About the Alzheimer’s and Dementia Society
Founded on March 23, 2012, the Alzheimer’s and Dementia Society meets the growing needs of our senior population. As a service organization in Southern Utah and southeastern Nevada, they believe in passionately empowering individuals, families and communities with support, education and caregiving. With the help of volunteers and the generous support of donors they are able to walk alongside those who are navigating this difficult path of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and caregiving.
With a projected increase in Utah, more friends and family will be impacted on some level by these challenging diseases. Supporting the fundraising efforts of the Alzheimer’s and Dementia Society will help provide free classes and educational courses and respite activities to those in need.
- What: 3K walk, health fair, poker run
- When: Saturday, 9 a.m.
- Where: Tonaquint Park, 1851 S. Dixie Drive, in St. George
- Tickets: $25 for 3k walk
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Society website
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Society provides early stage memory loss intervention
- Salmonella outbreak patients number 418 nationwide; 37 cases reported in Utah
- Sheriff’s sergeant identified among those killed in Zion flooding