ST. GEORGE — Renowned choral conductor and Southern Utah native Dr. Ronald Staheli will be welcomed by the Southern Utah Heritage Choir and the Dixie State University Music Department this weekend as part of the Southwest Choral Festival. The festival’s final concert will take place Saturday at 7:30 p.m. in the DSU Cox Performing Arts Center in St. George.
Staheli recently retired as a professor of choral music at Brigham Young University, having completed a 31-year career as conductor of the BYU Singers. He has traveled the world extensively, directing renowned choirs in multiple famous concert halls and settings.
Staheli has composed and arranged many pieces for the BYU Singers and the combined choirs at BYU. He readily admits that one of life’s greatest joys for him is rehearsing with choirs that love to sing and make beautiful music.
Joining the Heritage Choir, the following ensembles will participate in the Southwest Choral Festival: Dixie State University Chamber Singers and Women’s Chorus, Lieto Voices, Color Country Chorus, Pine View High School choirs, Red Rock Singers and the St. George Chamber Singers.
Staheli will conduct workshops with the choirs for two days prior to the concert and will perform with each of the choirs individually, as well as performing selections with the combined choirs.
Come join in this celebration of music with native son Staheli at the concluding concert of the Southwest Choral Festival.
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased from any Heritage Choir member or at the Cox Auditorium Box Office.
- What: Southwest Choral Festival final concert
- When: Saturday, Sept. 19, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Dixie State University Cox Performing Arts Center, 350 S. 700 East, St. George
- Tickets: $10 | Available from any Heritage Choir member; online at the Heritage Choir website or the Dixie State University ticket office website; or at the Cox Performing Arts Center Box Office, 350 S. 700 East, St. George
- New weekend ‘Art and Studio Tour’ debuts in St. George
- TGIF Show: Your weekend event ‘Roundup’
- Parking lot sale, car wash raise funds for cadets
Email: [email protected]