ST. GEORGE – Three nights of rodeo action begin tonight at the Dixie Sunbowl. The 81st Dixie Roundup gets underway at 7:30 p.m. Thousands of fans are expected to attend the event that has become a St. George tradition.
Gates open at 6 p.m. Rodeo action starts at 7:30 p.m.
Competition in seven rodeo events will take place over three nights and feature top cowboys, Kaycee Feild, currently No. 1 bareback rider in the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association; and the Wright brothers from Milford are expected to continue their domination of the saddle bronc event.
The competition will be fierce as cowboys fight for final spots in the National Finals Rodeo and top spots for the Wilderness Circuit Finals. There are only 15 days left in the battle for slots at the NFR.
Tonight is Kids Night. All children age 11 and under are welcome to attend the rodeo for free.
Mutton Busting and Rodeo Clown Randee Munns will add to the family entertainment.
Friday is “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night. One dollar from each ticket will be donated to the local Intermountain Healthcare Foundation Breast Cancer Awareness Program.
One long-standing Roundup tradition has changed. The rodeo parade, traditionally held on Saturday evening has been moved to a 9 a.m. start time for the comfort of spectators. Rodeo competition will conclude Saturday night.
General admission tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children age 11 and under. Toddlers age 2 and younger are free.
Tickets are now on sale at the St. George Lions/VFW Building, 301 E. 100 South, in St. George. For more information call 435-673-3301.
- What: 81st Dixie Roundup
- Where: The Dixie Sunbowl, 150 S. 400 East, St. George
- When: Thursday-Saturday, Sept. 17-19, Gates open at 6 p.m.
- General Admission – Adults, $10
- General Admission – Children, 11 and under, $5 (except Kids Night Thursday – free); children, 2 and younger who do not take up a seat (by sitting on Mom or Dad’s lap) are free
- Reserved Seating: $15.00, pre-purchased
- Roundup Royalty tour local schools
- Dixie Roundup Princess shares love of rodeo
- History, tradition at home in the Sunbowl; Dixie Roundup
- Dixie Roundup Rodeo tickets go on sale
- St. George Lions crown Dixie Roundup Rodeo Queen, Princess; STGnews Videocast
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.