ST. GEORGE — The Washington County Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition will host the “Fall Festival for Families” Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Vernon Worthen Park in St. George.
Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to noon on a first-come, first-served basis.
There will be booths and games for children and raffles and prizes from Lip Trix, Applebee’s, Chili’s, Riggatti’s Pizza, Olive Garden and Winger’s. Prizes valued at over $400 will be raffled off from 12:45-1 p.m.
Dancers, musicians and singers will provide free entertainment during the three-hour festival, with appearances from The Academy Trio, Tragedy Dance Crew and The GT Band. Face painting will also be provided.
The Washington County Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition is made up of many community organizations, including the DOVE Center, the Erin Kimball Foundation, the Justice Department, the Department of Human Services, ISAT, Talbot Recovery Services, the Hurricane Counseling Center, and A Southern Utah Counseling Experience.
The festival offers information about available community resources for domestic violence and sexual assault victims. Event organizers hope to increase awareness concerning domestic violence and write grants that support the entire community.
Everyone is invited to eat some pizza, enjoy the entertainment and support those affected by domestic violence.
- What: Fall Festival for Families
- When: Saturday, Sept. 12 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Vernon Worthen Park, 300 S. 400 East, St. George
- Admission: Free
- How 1 shop’s creative giving helps domestic violence survivors reclaim beauty
- Community officials, responders train in averting deadly domestic violence; STGnews Videocast
- Council recognizes Recovery Awareness Month, approves Windmill Plaza
Email: [email protected]