HURRICANE — A walk to show support for law enforcement will take place Saturday morning in Hurricane. The event is free and open to the public.
Representatives from all local law enforcement agencies have been invited to attend so the public can meet them, shake their hands and let them know the community stands with them.
The walk will begin at 10 a.m. on South 5300 West in Hurricane, near the Department of Motor Vehicles, and will proceed down the road to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
The nationwide movement is held in honor of law enforcement agencies across the country. The idea behind the walk originating in Houston, Texas, as a result of the homicide of Deputy Darren Goforth.
Attendees are invited to wear blue to show their support.
Vesting America’s Police K-9s and Tread Armament and Weaponry are sponsoring the local walk.
- What: Walk to support law enforcement
- When: Saturday, Sept. 12, at 10 a.m.
- Where: South 5300 West, Hurricane
- Registration: Participation is free, no registration needed
- Walk to support law enforcement | Facebook
- Vesting America’s Police K-9’s
- Tread Armament and Weaponry
- Million Facebook likes earns Washington City Police K-9 free bulletproof vest
- UHP K-9 trooper Titan gets gift of protection from St. George resident’s generosity
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.