CEDAR CITY – For the 36th year in a row, the Cedar City Fire Department will present “The Mad World of Magic” starring Mark Evans to raise funds to help with the Fire Department’s operation costs. The annual fundraiser will take place Saturday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Heritage Center Theater, 105 N. 100 East, Cedar City.
The decades-old tradition has been a long-time favorite in the community, firefighter Nick Howell said, sharing that he has fond memories of the family friendly event, having grown up in Cedar City.
“And it is the same magician,” he said. “He’s been doing it for many, many years.”
Although there is not a lot of advertisement about the show, he said, it is usually very well attended by word-of-mouth publicity.
Considering the tickets are only $3 each, Howell said, the fundraiser traditionally brings between $1,200 and $1,500 every year, making it one of the Fire Department’s most significant fundraisers of the year.
Proceeds are used for everything from fire station needs to helping families in need during the holidays.
Money raised was used as a dedicated Christmas fund in previous years, he said, but the community is so generous during that time of the year that the use of proceeds from the magic show has become more flexible to the department.
Planning for the event is a coordinated effort between the Cedar City Fireman’s Association and Mark Evans, who performs this fundraiser for fire departments all over Utah.
Tickets are available at the Heritage Center Theater Box Office and can be purchased at the event.
- What: “The Mad World of Magic” fundraiser for Cedar City Fire Department
- When: Saturday, Sept. 5 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Heritage Center Theater, 105 N. 100 East, Cedar City
- Tickets: $3, available at the door
- Utah Food Bank hosts 5K fundraiser; ‘H.A.M It Up Against Hunger’
- Red Rock Rotary Club completes annual fundraiser
- Doctors’ Volunteer Clinic hosts UV Splash 5K fundraiser
- Golden Corral hosts Habitat fundraiser
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.