OPINION — The only word I can use to sufficiently describe Disney’s “When You Wish” at Tuacahn is “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”.
It’s just that spectacular.
Without giving too much away, here’s seven reasons why you HAVE to buy tickets, like now:
1. Bridgette Biggers. I’ll repeat. Bridgette. Biggers.
Biggers plays the role of “Little Girl,” but don’t let the name fool you. This preteen’s voice is anything but little and nothing short of real-life-princess-amazing.
2. You get to witness a magic carpet ride.
Yes, Aladdin and Jasmine are in the flesh “soaring, tumbling, freewheeling” right above the audience. I CRIED!
3. At one point, the stage goes “Under the Sea”
If you missed Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” last season, Tuacahn is giving you a second chance at life. The stage is completely submerged, and for a moment you get to be part of their world – sharks & all!
4. You get to see the seven dwarfs IRL (in real life)
You know Bashful and Dopey and Happy and Grumpy and Sneezy and Sleepy and Doc? They’re delightful, all of them. And they’ll have you chanting “Heigh-Ho” the whole drive home.
5. Rapunzel and her SKY LANTERNS make a special appearance
You get to a point where you think you’ve seen it all.
And then this happens.
6. There’s a number from “Tarzan” that you just can’t miss
Bring tissues. Lots of tissues. (Mostly happy tears.)
7. Because throughout the entire show you just can’t wait to see what happens next.
Spoiler alert: It just keeps getting better.
And the moral of this fairytale is – if Disney can dream it, Tuacahn can do it.
(Better than anyone else, ever!)
Ali Hill is an opinion columnist. The opinions stated in this article are her own, are not influenced through any advertising agreements with St. George News, and are not representative of St. George News.
- A young star rises in ‘When You Wish’ at Tuacahn
- Tuacahn funding urgent; Ivins commits $200,000, asks other cities follow suit
- ‘Broadway in the Canyon’ actors arrive at Tuacahn
- A-List: The best donuts in Dixie
- A-List: Top 10 soda pop stops in St. George
Do you know of a business that deserves to be on the “A-List?” Tell Ali about your local favorites by e-mailing your suggestions to [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.