FEATURE – This week on Adopt-A-Paws we took a quick look at the PAWSitively Unique Boutique thrift store on the corner of St. George Boulevard and Bluff Street in St. George.
PAWSitively volunteer Carolyn Reynolds, an England-native, said the entire store is nonprofit and run solely by volunteers.
The purpose of this special thrift store at 490 W. St. George Blvd. is to benefit the nonprofit animal adoption center, P.A.W.S., which stands for Providing Animals With Support.
Reynolds stumbled upon the thrift store and brought donations in, she said, and eventually she found ways that she could volunteer. Since then she has taken in some of the adoptable pets as part of her own family.
Currently, the PAWSitively Unique Boutique is featuring three kittens from the shelter. The organization has found success in having some of the cats in the store so customers can see the animals they are helping and so the volunteers can encourage pet adoptions.
“We are looking for a new premises for the shelter and for the store,” Reynolds said. “This corner is going to be knocked down in a couple of years … we want to have a bigger shelter so we can take in more animals and we’d also like to have a bigger store as well.”
The boutique prefers to take donations for its thrift store on Mondays while the shop is closed, but they are happy to receive any donations anytime. If anyone is interested in volunteering, all that is needed is an application. Contact information is provided under resources below.
- Pawsitively Unique Boutique | 490 W St George Blvd. St. George | Telephone: 435-414-6061
- Dixie’s Adopt-a-Paws: If you need a hug, see Daisy; Cedar City Animal Shelter
- Dixie’s Adopt-a-Paws: St. George Animal Shelter’s lovables
- PAWSitively Unique Boutique reopens, supports animal rescue; STGnews Videocast
- Dixie’s Adopt-a-Paws: Hurricane presents Hemingway, Marley, Wafer, ‘Pistol Triplets’
- Dixie’s Adopt-a-Paws: P.A.W.S. Adoption Center
- Cat hoarder’s cry for help: 42 cats and counting in P.A.W.S. rescue, desperate need for donations
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.