ST. GEORGE — The Washington County Drug Task Force continues cracking down on drug-related crimes including the illegal sale of prescription medications in the county, arresting another alleged drug dealer in St. George Tuesday on four counts of second-degree felony drug distribution.
The task force conducted a controlled buy operation, utilizing an undercover detective to purchase prescription pills from 40-year-old Jonathan Alan Kreeb, of St. George, according to a probable cause statement written by the task force in support of the arrest.
During the course of the investigation, according to the statement, the task force conducted a controlled buy from Kreeb, purchasing methadone hydrochloride, an opioid agonist indicated for pain management, and acetaminophen-hydrocodone bitartrate, also used to treat pain, the statement said.
The task force conducted a second controlled buy from Kreeb, purchasing Opana, also an opioid agonist indicated for pain management, as well as acetaminophen-hydrocodone bitartrate.
Kreeb was arrested and booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility on four second-degree felony counts of drug distribution.
Judge John Walton, of the 5th District Court, ordered Kreeb’s bail set at $20,000 during his initial court appearance Tuesday.
Kreeb was found indigent by the court and will be represented by court-appointed attorney Aric Cramer. His next court appearance is scheduled for Monday.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- On the record: Beyond arrest, convictions bring life sentence of hardship
- Drug-free zones: What, where are they? What is their purpose? STGnews Videocast
- Utah considers major criminal justice reform, reduced drug offense charges
- Man busted for possessing 2 lbs of marijuana, over 2 lbs of marijuana seeds
- St. George sisters arrested for meth distribution, possession
- Task force nabs alleged heroin dealer
- Task force nabs man in possession of distributable amount of meth
- 2nd drug distribution arrest in a month for would-be shoplifter
- Arrest made in 6 alleged drug overdoses at DSU off-campus complex
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.