ST. GEORGE – Utah Department of Transportation is refining its design plans for improvements to Bluff Street and is holding an open house Tuesday evening for the public to come see and comment on the department’s plans.
At the open house, UDOT will present its latest innovative design changes proposed for Bluff Street from St. George Boulevard to Sunset Boulevard. Refining the projects includes re-evaluation of a previous environmental study of the corridor. The environmental assessment and its re-evaluation explore ways to meet travel demands through the year 2040.
The open house Tuesday will be held from 5-7 p.m. in City Council Chambers at St. George City Hall, 175 E. 200 North.
Design concepts will be available for review and associated designers, planners and environmental staff will be on hand to explain the latest considerations.
Public comments may be submitted during the open house or afterward through Sept. 1.
In its announcement, UDOT expressed appreciation to the cities, businesses and residents along state Route 18 (Bluff Street) for their previous input on the Bluff Street study as well as other projects. One of those projects was the award-winning Bluff Street and Snow Canyon/Red Hills parkways interchange completed in December 2014. The interchange was designed to meet the growing transportation needs of Washington County.
- Re-evaluation study: UDOT Re-evaluation of Bluff Street, from St. George Blvd to Red Hills Pkwy – July 30, 2015
- UDOT’s Bluff Street project Web page.
- Comments will be taken through Sept. 1, 2015 | Comments Web page
- When: 5-7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 18
- Where: St. George City Council chambers, St. George City Hall, 175 E. 200 North, St. George
- Questions regarding the public hearing may be directed to email: [email protected].
- Cities face road funding crisis, seek ballot initiative for transportation tax
- Public comment sought on $1.9 billion regional transportation plan
- Cyclists gather to christen Red Hills Parkway Interchange; STGnews Videocast
Email: [email protected]