ST. GEORGE — Former Utah Jazz basketball player Thurl Bailey will be making an appearance for a free meet-and-greet Monday evening at the City of St. George Recreation Center.
At 6 p.m., play ball with the singer and songwriter, public speaker and member of the 1983 NCAA Championship team.
The event is free for all ages and open to the public.
Arrive wearing your Utah Jazz gear to receive giveaways and a chance to be seen on the Root Sports Channel who will be at the event filming for live television.
The Utah Jazz selected Bailey with the seventh overall pick in the 1983 NBA Draft. He then played basketball for the Utah Jazz for a total of nine seasons.
Bailey is currently the Utah Jazz broadcaster, and involves himself in many community programs.
- What: Meet-and-Greet with Thurl Bailey
- When: Monday, Aug. 17, at 6 p.m.
- Where: City of St. George Recreation Center, 285 S. 400 East, St. George
- City of St. George Facebook flyer
- Additional information: 435-627-4500
- Washington County Fair brings super fun with super hero theme
- One step closer: Ironman 70.3 World Championship committee visits St. George
- Former NBA star to co-host local basketball, life skills camp this weekend
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.