ST. GEORGE — Due to recent rainfall and lower fire danger conditions, Color Country fire managers are lifting all fire restrictions on tribal, federal, state administered and unincorporated private land in Washington County, effective Friday.
No other fire restrictions on public or unincorporated land are currently in effect.
Fire managers also want to thank the public for being aware of wildfire potential throughout fire restrictions as human caused fires have been minimal for most of 2015.
Throughout the months of August-October, fire danger will remain a threat to southwest Utah communities and should be viewed as such until winter moisture is received. Therefore, debris burning is not permitted.
- For more information on fires in Utah click here
- For more information on fires across the country click here
- Rain, cool weather dampen High Meadow, Mt. Emma fires; road closures lifted
- Smoke impacts from Springs Fire lighten along I-40; trail closure remains
- Rock Fire grows, smoke blows northeast toward Cameron, Tuba City