MONTICELLO — The Bureau of Land Management Monticello Field Office is now accepting public comment on a draft business plan proposing to increase camping fees at seven developed recreation sites in San Juan County.
Currently, overnight use fees are $6 per site at Hamburger Rock, $10 per site at Sand Island, and $25 plus $2 per person per night for the Sand Island group site. Use is currently free at Creek Pasture, Creek Pasture group site, Superbowl and Indian Creek Falls group site.
Fee rates at Hamburger Rock have remained the same since 2005, and rates at Sand Island have not changed since 2003. To help offset increased operating costs, the BLM proposes to raise overnight use fees as follows:
- $10 per site at Hamburger Rock and $15 per site at Sand Island
- New overnight use fees at Creek Pasture and Superbowl would be set at $10 per site
- New group site fees at Indian Creek Falls would be set at $25, plus $2 per person per night
- New group site fees at Creek Pasture would be set at $25, plus $3 per person per night
- The group site fee at Sand Island would be raised to $25, plus $4 per person per night
The proposed business plan is available for review here. Hard copies can be obtained at the BLM Monticello Field Office, 435 N. Main Street, Monticello.
Written comments on the Draft Business Plan for Monticello Field Office Campgrounds will be accepted through Sept. 3. Please reference “Campground Business Plan” when submitting comments.
Written comments may be mailed or emailed using the following addresses:
Before including an address, phone number, email address or other personally identifiable information in any comments, be aware that the entire comment, including personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. Requests to withhold personal identifying information from public review can be submitted, but the BLM cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so.
- Draft business plan
- BLM website | Twitter
- Contact: Donald Hoffheins 435-587-1500
- Federal Information Relay Service 1-800-877-8339
- BLM seeks public comment on proposed mine plan modification
- High Meadow Fire smoke visibility increases; BLM road closures
- BLM seeks public comment on management plans for Red Cliffs, Beaver Dam Wash
Email: [email protected]