PAROWAN — Runners of all ages gathered near Parowan Saturday to race in the fifth annual Parowan City Half Marathon-Yankee Meadow Run. The scenic event is a long, gradual downhill run from the mountains just south of Parowan into downtown Parowan.
At 7 a.m., the race started on the south side of Yankee Meadow Reservoir in the recreation area. The course traveled to state Route 143, continuing north into Parowan and then winding and looping around a few of the local town roads before ending at the Iron County Fair building.
Jet Smith, event coordinator for Parowan City, said just over 400 participants registered for this year’s half-marathon.
“It was so good,” Smith said of the event. “It was excellent.”
The race follows a very fast downhill course, dropping approximately 2,300 feet in altitude, according to Parowan City’s half-marathon webpage.
Top male winners
- Ages 1-14: Dane Cobb, age 14 | 1:40.37
- Ages 15-19 : Josh Beckstrand, age 15 | 1:38.47
- Ages 20-29: Clinton Rhoton, age 27 | 1:9.24
- Ages 30-39: Michael Greer, age 32 | 1:24.11
- Ages 40-49: Marcellus Assiago, age 41 | 1:24.23
- Ages 50-59: Bruce Marin, age 50 | 1:24.30
- Ages 60-69: Steve Matthews, age 61 | 1:54.13
- Ages 70-79: John Bolles, age 70 | 1:53.19
Top female winners
- Ages 15-19: Jocelyn Gale, age 19 | 1:46.53
- Ages 20-29: Crystal Warren, age 28 | 1:42.04
- Ages 30-39: Amber Green, age 34 | 1:16.34
- Ages 40-49: Jennette Watts, age 47 | 1:27.31
- Ages 50-59: Teri Gamer, age 50 | 1:41.55
- Ages 60-69: Barbara Schweppe, age 62 2:47.00
Complete race results available here.
- Kanab readies for its closeup; Little Hollywood Half Marathon
- Views from mile marker 6; Southern Utah Half Marathon; STGnews VideocastRide the Gap takes cyclists through historic Parowan Gap; CCNews Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.