The first three days will be spent in cabins at Hidden Canyon Bed & Breakfast at the Lodge in the foothills of Great Basin National Park. The last two days of camp will be at the JROTC building across from Dixie High School, and cadets will stay at home Wednesday and Thursday nights.
The cost is $100 for the week, thanks to fundraising from the booster club that helps subsidize the costs to the cadets.
The top new male and female cadets will each earn an orientation flight over St. George in a small Cessna aircraft.
About Dixie Air Force JROTC
The AFJROTC Dixie Wing UT-20061 serves female and male cadets ranging from special needs students, students staying in school because of the program, students interested in enlisting in the military and those bound for universities and military academies.
- What: Leadership Orientation Camp
- When: Aug. 3-7
- Where: Hidden Canyon Ranch, Great Basin National Park, Baker, Nevada and JROTC building across from Dixie High School, St. George
- Cost: $100 | Sign up online
- For more information call 435-634-4340 or email
- Nellis Air Force Base hosts Red Flag exercises, area rumbles
- Pilot in plane crash local resident, retired Air Force officer
- Golf tournament, celebrity meet-greet sends Air Force Junior ROTC cadets to summer camp