ST. GEORGE — The Washington County Drug Task Force arrested a 49-year-old woman on three first-degree felony charges of drug distribution Thursday as the fight to suppress drug-related crimes in Washington County continues.
The task force conducted a narcotics distribution investigation into Catherine Mary Dickerson, of St. George, according to a probable cause statement written by task force detective Ty Dove in support of the arrest.
During the course of the investigation, the task force conducted a controlled buy of methamphetamine in April on two separate occasions in Washington County through the use of a confidential informant who purchased meth from Dickerson, the statement said.
Task force detectives conducted a traffic stop Thursday on a vehicle in which Dickerson was a passenger.
As detectives approached the vehicle, Dickerson put her hand behind her back as if she was concealing something and would not remove her hand from behind her back when told to do so, according to the statement. Detectives opened the door of the vehicle, escorted Dickerson out of the car and discovered she was holding a baggie containing a white substance.
The baggie contained 10 smaller baggies, each containing a white crystal substance that tested positive for methamphetamine, the statement said. A digital scale and pipe were also found during a search.
During an interview with Dickerson, court documents state she admitted to selling methamphetamine.
Dickerson was arrested and booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility.
She was charged with three first-degree felonies for drug distribution and a class B misdemeanor for possession of drug paraphernalia.
Judge John Walton, of the 5th District Court, ordered Dickerson’s bail amount set at $30,000 during her initial court appearance Friday. Dickerson was found indigent by the court and will be represented by court-appointed attorney Aric Cramer. Her next court appearance is scheduled for Monday.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- On the record: Beyond arrest, convictions bring life sentence of hardship
- Drug-free zones: What, where are they? What is their purpose? STGnews Videocast
- Utah considers major criminal justice reform, reduced drug offense charges
- Man busted for possessing 2 lbs of marijuana, over 2 lbs of marijuana seeds
- St. George sisters arrested for meth distribution, possession
- Task force nabs alleged heroin dealer
- Task force nabs man in possession of distributable amount of meth
- 2nd drug distribution arrest in a month for would-be shoplifter
- Arrest made in 6 alleged drug overdoses at DSU off-campus complex
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.