ST. GEORGE — While en route to the repair shop Monday afternoon, a suspected fuel leak caused a man’s Porsche to catch fire in St. George.
Around 2:30 p.m., the man was driving east on Tabernacle Street when his Porsche caught fire, St. George Fire Captain Rick Nelson said.
“The owner of the car thought that he may have had a problem with a fuel leak,” Nelson said.
The driver was on his way to the repair shop to get the fuel leak fixed when the fire started underneath the hood of the car, Nelson said.
The St. George Fire Department responded to the incident, and fire crews were able to get into the engine compartment and put the fire out.
Traffic was diverted around the incident for a short time, Nelson said.
The car had visible damage to the hood and was towed from the scene.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Motor home bursts into flames in Virgin River Gorge
- Traffic Advisory: Northbound I-15 near Kanarraville backed up due to vehicle fire
- I-15 vehicle fire leaves Dixie State student without car
- News short: Vehicle fire shuts down portion of 200 South
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.