FEATURE — In the second episode of “Dixie’s Adopt-a-Paws,” Host Liz Baxter visits the P.A.W.S. Adoption Center, 1125 N. 1130 West in St. George, to meet the various animals and speak with Lynn Burger, the center’s director of operations.
This week’s featured pets are lovable Shih Tzus Raven and Gus, quiet and gentle pit bull terrier Steve, and the adorable medium-hair feline Esmine.
Click play above to find your future best friend.
P.A.W.S. stands for Providing Animals With Support, and that appears to be the goal of this adoption center.
P.A.W.S offers a variety of ways to get involved, including volunteering at the center, fostering an animal, adopting one into your family or donating money to help keep the center moving forward.
P.A.W.S also offers a low-cost spay and neuter program to help community members prevent pet overpopulation. The cost is $75 for dogs and $65 for cats. There is also an option available for low-income individuals who meet certain requirements.
Those interested in learning more about P.A.W.S. and how to get involved with the animal support community can visit the center’s website.
St. George News Reporter Devan Chavez contributed to this column.
- P.A.W.S. Adoption Center | 1125 N. 1130 West, St. George | Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Telephone: 435-688-9748
- Dixie’s Adopt-a-Paws: Ivins Animal Shelter
- Southern Utah mega adoption event at PetSmart: ‘Adopt a Pet’ weekend
- What’s that smell, Fido? Dental health issues go untreated in pets
- Protect your pets from holiday hazards
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.