MESQUITE, Nev. – Fourth of July weekend is going to be a blast at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, as self-proclaimed “nerd rock” band, the Spazmatics, are set to light up the Casapoolooza stage Saturday night.
This free, 21-and-over concert and pool party is the third in a series of five poolside concerts, offered every first Saturday throughout the spring and summer months, at the CasaBlanca and, as luck would have it, this month’s show falls on the Fourth of July.
“It is just a neat coincidence with how the calendar fell,” Christian Adderson, corporate sales manager for Mesquite Gaming, said. “What better way to ring in the Fourth of July than with a pool party and great band?”
Billed as the “ultimate ’80s experience,” the Spazmatics bring all the fun and funk of classic ’80s music to the stage and combine it with their geeky, nerdy personalities to create a show that is a high-energy, “spaztic” dance party.
With a huge fan following and an impressive list of satisfied clients – listed among them on the band’s Web page are Johnny Depp, George Lucas, Kid Rock, Jennifer Aniston and more – the Spazmatics are one show that really shouldn’t be missed.
The Spazmatics are no strangers to the CasaBlanca, Adderson said, having played the Showroom on several occasions as well as the Casapoolooza stage in the past … and they are a definite crowd-favorite.
“From the first song, people are running around and dancing and reliving the ’80s music and styles,” Adderson said. “They bring a really fun energy to their shows.”
There won’t be fireworks, Adderson said, but the band will make plenty of fireworks with their music.
Doors will open at 7 p.m. PDT with DJ Johnny Utah getting the party started. The Spazmatics will play at 8 p.m. PDT and will play two sets. In between sets DJ Johnny Utah will return to keep the fun going.
The pool will be open so guests can take a dip, cool off from the summer heat and then dance the night away.
“By the time the doors open the sun has been off the pool area for a long time,” Adderson said. “It is a nice little oasis from the heat and a great backdrop for concerts.”
Make it a weekend getaway
In addition to a free concert with a great band, the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino as well as its sister resort, the Virgin River Hotel and Casino, 100 N. Pioneer Blvd., Mesquite, are offering special promotions and other activities for the Fourth of July.
“We have a ton of stuff going on centered around the concert and the Fourth of July,” Adderson said.
Are you a fan of Bingo? Check out the Virgin River’s July 2015 All American Bingo.
If it is food you are interested in, take advantage of special holiday prices at some of both resort’s best dining establishments.
Virgin River food specials
- Sierra’s Buffet | July 4, 4-9 p.m. | All Star Independence Day prime rib and crab legs buffet | Adults: $14.99; children, 4-6: $6.99; children, 3 and under: Free
- River Café | July 4, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. | Independence Day Special: Smoked beef brisket sandwich topped with a Texas sweet onion, served with seasoned fries and coleslaw and a 12-ounce draft beer | $8.99
CasaBlanca food specials
- Mesa Buffet | July 4 | Stars and Stripes buffet: Steak, crab legs and steamship of beef with all the traditional accompaniments | Adults: $16.99; children, 4-6: $6.99; children, 3 and under: Free
- Casa Café | July 4, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. | Independence Day Special: 6-ounce tenderloin and three barbecue ribs served with scalloped potatoes and fresh corn and your choice of soup du jour or garden salad | $14.99
Make your Independence weekend a sparkling sensation; come for the concert and stay for the food and fun.
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
Casapoolooza dates and bands:
- July 4 | The Spazmatics
- Aug. 1 | Lights Journey Tribute
- Sept. 5 | Yellow Brick Road
- What: Casapoolooza Summer Concerts by the Pool with The Spazmatics
- When: July 4 | Doors open at 7 p.m. with DJ Johnny Utah | Concert at 8 p.m.
- Where: Poolside at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite
- Cost: Free
- Additional information: Ages 21 and over required for admission
- Event flyer
- CasaBlanca Resort and Casino | Facebook | Website
- Fourth of July Casapoolooza | Facebook
- Spazmatics | Facebook | Website
- Elvis storms the CasaBlanca stage in Mesquite
- Casapoolooza opens with Jimmy Buffet tribute; parrotheads welcome
- CasaBlanca offers live music, libations, fun at Casapoolooza poolside party
- A-List: Katherine’s Steakhouse
- Mesquite BBQ contest: Smokin’ hot rigs, smokin’ hot ribs
- 2015 Mesquite Off-Road Weekend attracts world class pro riders; STGnews Videocast
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.